Sharjah food blogger Bethica Das has a unique recipe for Neem Flower Pakoras.
According to her, “Just like neem leaves, its flowers have health benefits too. They are anti-bacterial and have antiseptic properties.”
Bethica makes her pakoras using the neem flowers with rice flour, besan and spices.
“They turn out yummy without any trace of bitterness,” she adds.
Neem Flower Pakoras
- 1 cup neem flowers, available in local vegetable markets in summer and mid-year
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- ¼ cup besan or gram flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger and garlic
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp haldi or turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilly flakes
- ½ tsp roasted jeera or cumin seeds
- ½ tsp kalonji or nigella seeds
- Pinch of baking soda
- Oil to deep fry
- Tomato ketchup
- Green chutney
- In a bowl, mix all the above ingredients (except the oil) and add enough water to have a thick batter.
Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the oil for deep frying in a heavy-bottomed frying pan or kadhai.
Drop a spoonful of the batter in and fry on medium-low heat until golden brown.
Drain to a plate lined with tissue or a paper towel.
Repeat the process to finish the batter.
If your frying pan is big enough you can fry 2-3 pakoras at the same time.
- Serve hot with kashundi, green chutney and tomato ketchup.
- MORE RECIPES FOR YOU!
Source: Read Full Article