Sometimes you love them, sometimes you hate them.
Believe it or not, women share quite a complicated relationship with their bras.
While a good quality bra-set can offer a good fit and shape and a bad one can stab you and leave you in pain.
No matter what kind of style and type of fabric your bra is made of, it might still not be the most comfortable one to wear.
Several studies over the years have concluded that wearing ill-fitted bras might have some major side effects on your health.
While choosing to go braless is a personal choice, there are certain changes that kick in if you don’t wear a comfortable bra in the long run.
Lingerie brand Groversons Paris Beauty recently conducted a survey among 10,000 of its female buyers from Mumbai, New Delhi NCR, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, and Bengaluru to share their experience about wearing uncomfortable or ill-fitted bras.
Based on the survey, here are some interesting findings and tips for women:
- In India almost 70% of women do not know their cup sizes. They just buy bras only by their band sizes.
- 60% of women who participated in the survey feel that knowing your perfect cup size is as important as knowing your band size.
- 69.25% women stated that wearing a comfortable pair of lingerie definitely helps them focus more on things around them and they feel more confident about themselves.
- 52.41% of them also shared that they prefer trying out the lingerie before buying to check comfort and fit.
- About 49.8% of women complained that a tight bra under band leads to skin impressions that become painful after a certain period of time. Therefore knowing your right band size is very important.
- About 86.6% consumers said they had lesser back and shoulder pain after they switched to comfortable bras.
- When asked about wearing lingerie at night, 74.5% of women said they preferred sleeping braless.
Some tips for women:
1. Ill fitting bra = discomfort, poor focus
Needless to say, a pair of uncomfortable lingerie can spoil a perfect date/event as you will be uncomfortable and will not be able to be your own self.
It can lead to hesitation or too much self-involvement.
Once you start wearing perfect-sized bras, you will stop worrying about the straps clawing into your skin, especially if you wear ill-fitted bras for prolonged hours.
2. Tight bra vs the right bra
Uncomfortable Bras can cause irritation, some overly tight fitted ones can lead to pain.
This is because wearing a tight bra can restrict blood circulation and can also impair the lymph tissues.
It can induce pressure on the rib cage, back muscles, or even the neck. They can also lead to serious problems like deforming of breasts or breast cancer in extreme cases.
3. Avoid premature sagging
If you are continuously wearing a bra with the wrong cup sizes which are not giving enough support to the breast tissues, then you might face the problem of excessive breast sagging.
Wearing the right bra size helps to lift the breast tissues up, preventing them from sagging and making your breast look heavier.
4. Go bra-less while sleeping
Not wearing a bra can help in better sleep quality.
Without a bra, your skin feels less restricted and you do not experience much discomfort as you change positions while sleeping.
Source: Read Full Article