The casting director of Bellbottom has categorically refuted allegations linking an individual by the name of Ayush Tewari to the film Bellbottom. Clarifying that the person accused in media reports was an intern with the organisation, casting director Vaibhav said that the accused has nothing to do with the Akshay Kumar starrer. Earlier, as per PTI, Mumbai Police had registered an FIR against a casting director for allegedly raping a 26- year-old TV actress under the pretext of marriage. A police official said on Monday that the FIR was registered last week after the actress submitted an application at Versova police station, accusing the casting director of raping her at various locations in the city after promising to marry her, the official said. The accused, also aged 26, and the victim knew each other since the last two years, he said.
Now, denying all allegations of the accused being linked to Bellbottom, Vaibhav Vishant commented, “It is distressing to see the film and the names of others associated with the film being tarnished with false and unverified allegations. I am the casting director of Bellbottom. The individual Ayush Tewari was a freelancer intern in my company and has nothing to do with the film or its casting. He has not worked on Bellbottom in any capacity. It is extremely upsetting to see that some publications in order to get a clickbait headline will go to any lengths to put out uncorroborated and unsubstantiated information. This individual Ayush Tewari has nothing to do with Bellbottom. I hope the police will conduct a fair investigation and justice will be served. However, I will request media publications to correct the facts and stop linking Bellbottom to this case.”
Well, good thing that team Bellbottom is trying to get ahead of this before the speculations start swirling, what say?
Source: Read Full Article