A 13-year-old girl from Perumbavoor is said to have died of reported food poisoning.
A complaint lodged with the police by the girl’s relative, Vijayan P. K., said that on Sunday, the girl, Devika, daughter of Manoj of Parapurathukudi House, Near Shalom School, Vengola, Arakkapady, was taken to a hospital at Arakkapady after she complained of vomiting.
The doctor had then administered medicine with the diagnosis of food poisoning. Next day, as her condition did not improve, she was taken to Muslim Jamath Hospital at Vengola. While her condition turned better on Tuesday morning, it took a turn for the worse after an injection was administered. Subsequently, she was shifted to Samaritan Hospital at Pazhavanangad for better treatment. But she died at night.
According to the First Information Report (FIR), Devika and her grandmother Lakshmi had stayed back at home while others in the family — Devika’s mother Priya and her sister Unnimaya — had gone to attend a wedding with Manoj. It was learnt that she had consumed pineapple and curd.
Devika’s body was handed over to her relatives on Wednesday after post mortem. An inquest is being prepared.
Source: Read Full Article